Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Start of Something Bigger

It didn't quite take 3 years, but here I am again.

I finally took a leap and left the medical billing world... sort of.
I took a full-time position with the city, and went back to PRN with the billing office.  I have a longer drive, but so much less stress now.  I think in the grand scheme, this was a good move.  Leaving the place I've spent the better part of seven and a half years was difficult, but luckily I work with another amazing group of people.



Let's see... in the past 2 years or so:
We lost Papaw - he had complications at the beginning of a seemingly minor surgery, and they were never able to bring him back.

The relationship that was still fairly new as of that last post, ended the following March when we both realized we checked out for different reasons and made plans for ourselves that didn't include the other.

Dad also changed jobs, leaving the small shipyard for the bigger one down the road.  He isn't much happier, and the higher paycheck still isn't high enough.  He's still there, but I worry he has regrets.

All of the Davis kids are out of school for the moment.  Jasmine graduated college last year, Myah graduated high school last year, and Cody graduated high school just a few weeks ago.  Myah's opted to work for the time being, and Cody is considering a school in Panama City (that's the plan this week, at least.)  

We gained 2 dogs last summer - Cosmo the Labracadoberman, and Chewbacca Ragamuffin (Chewy) the Shih Tzu.  Both cast-offs for different reasons.  We tend to love the unlovable the most.  If Cosmo keeps eating my shoes/wall/books/furniture, he will certainly maintain that "unlovable" label.

We also lost 2 dogs in the past 6 months - one probably due to heart attack in bad weather, and one to an unknown illness.  

We've continued our terrible luck with vehicles... We murder them.  Earline the Sentra is currently rebelling by refusing to condition air.  Her TPS is also still moody.  

Jasmine and her (former) sailor are finally both back in Mobile.  Both are also currently unemployed, but looking.

Ashrey got married and now that I'm only a part-time medical biller, we seldom see each other. She's happy though, so that's good.

I reconnected with an old acquaintance and grew much closer to him than I expected.  Circumstances didn't/don't allow that relationship to expand, but it made me view things from a different perspective, and I think I'm a better person for it.


Despite all the changes, life still feels like it's on hold.  I don't know how to change that.  I guess for now I'll just work my life away and try to make my ground a little more stable.

No comments: