Sunday, July 6, 2008

Random Spoutings

So, my Best Friend got married last weekend..

She is 20..

It's weird.

The weekend, however, was quite fun, and I learned some new things about some people I thought I knew very well.

I've nearly decided that should the marriage bit ever happen for me, we will be visiting the courthouse.  There is TOO much stress involved in the typical wedding...  Not to mention the costs associated with said celebrations.

In other news, class started.  Everything you ever wanted to learn about American Lit, (part 2) crammed into approximately 1 month of 2hour classes every weekday...  I may die.

Dad, in trying to assist me in a search for a slightly more permanent job than the one I have, threw my name in the mix for a position with his company.  He failed to mention to the HR director, though, that I am still a full time student.  Full-Time student = Non-full-time employment = not really eligible for the job... and we find this out after he has enticed me with the news that the position pays almost double what I make per hour now.  That is just cruel! haha

Oh, my credit union decided to play a fun little game with my recent deposit, called "Let's put Jade's money in someone else's account and give her a heart attack."

In other news, tonight is my last night housesitting for the Alexanders.. I will be so glad to NOT be walking a dog at 6 in the morning anymore.  I will miss, however, being only 10 minutes away from my job, my school, and my church.. And anything else for that matter.  GB is a million miles from anything, and being in the middle of town has been amazing.  My MPG's are worse in the city, but I'm driving less, so that tank of gas STILL lasts longer.. 

I've felt isolated the past week.. My cell service is awful in this neighborhood, so if people have tried to speak to me, I can't get the calls.  

Today, I took a random drive about town.  I drove downtown, and through Chickasaw, Saraland, Satsuma, and Prichard.  It was nice to just sightsee for a change, but I wish I had had a passenger to two to share the ride with.

I also went to see the G'parents.  Granny made me eat dinner over there, because apparently, I looked hungry (?).  It was fantabulous, and it was a nice visit with them.

I need to go clean this house up now, so that it looks like it did when I arrived.. It will be a daunting task, because I am a slob.. and the dog has taken it upon himself to personally strew my loose clothing all about the house... It's a fun little game he plays..  (Well, HE thinks it is fun.... )

Jolly good day to you all!
Have a wonderful week.

~Jaderade

No comments: